A representative from the State of TN will be at LA this week to talk specifics in regards to the TN Promise program to ensure that all knows about the requirements. Also, the Upper Cumberland College Fair will be hosted at the TN Tech Hyder Burkes Pavilion. So, in light of all of the activities going on this week, you will have 2 weeks for the assignment. This week, we will begin focusing on building your resume. There is a tool on collegefortn.org that is very helpful when developing your resume. This tool also allows the resume to be converted to a Microsoft Word document when resume building is complete!
This week, we will be discussing how to pay for college. We will also discuss how to decode those pesky financial aid award letters that you will be receiving soon after you complete the FAFSA. The following assignments will be posted on Classroom:
Its Homecoming Week!! There will not be any assignments this week!! Enjoy!
Areas of Frequent Problems
1. Some students have already created a username/password, and can't remember it. If you don't get it in 2-3 tries, call a number, and get your account reset. Write your username/password down in your folder (Coffman has these).
2. Don't choose a 4 year school on TN Promise App. It only pays for 2 year schools and TCAT.
Completing the TN Promise Application
1. Visit TN Promise website (linked below), and click the "Apply Now" button.
2. 1.You’ll be taken to the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation Student Portal. Click the “Create a Log In” button. (If you already have a TSAC Student Portal account, log in and skip to step 5. Dual Enrollment/TCAT Grant students will already have a username and password.)
2.Create your account by filling out all of the required fields. Then click the “Create My Account” button (see pages 20-21).
3. Once you have created your account, log in to your TSAC Student Portal account.
4.On the TSAC Student Portal homepage, click on the green “Apply for Scholarships” button at the top left of the page.
5. Click on the “Tennessee Promise Scholarship Award” link to begin the application.
6. Follow the prompts to fill out the Tennessee Promise Scholarship application.
7. Click “Submit” when you are finished.
8. When you complete the application, you will get a confirmation screen. Only when you get an email confirmation will your Tennessee Promise application be complete.
You will need the following information:
Social Security Number (SSN):
Full home address:
Home phone number:
Cell phone number:
Date of birth:
High school name:
TSAC Student Portal account username:
This week is College and Career Week! There are many exciting activities planned throughout the week.
MONDAY College Application Day for Seniors
TUESDAY TN Promise Tuesday
WEDNESDAY College and Career Fair in the GYM
THURSDAY ASVAB for Seniors
This week we will be discussing what it takes to get into the colleges/universities/community colleges that you've been thinking of applying. Also, this may get you thinking about post secondary attendance, if you haven't thought about it in the past. The following assignments have been posted on Google Classroom:
**NOTE: You may want to complete this assignment on your phone, as you will need to screenshot a bar code for the Upper Cumberland College Fair you will be attending soon.**
1. Go to www.gotocollegefairs.com.
2. Click on the “Student Register Now” button
3. Select the state (TN), choose the Upper Cumberland College Fair (It's on Page 7)
4. Complete the registration form once
5. Submit the form. The barcode is displayed
6. Print or save the barcode on their phone and – YOU'RE DONE!