Areas of Frequent Problems
1. Some students have already created a username/password, and can't remember it. If you don't get it in 2-3 tries, call a number, and get your account reset. Write your username/password down in your folder (Coffman has these).
2. Don't choose a 4 year school on TN Promise App. It only pays for 2 year schools and TCAT.
Completing the TN Promise Application
1. Visit TN Promise website (linked below), and click the "Apply Now" button.
2. 1.You’ll be taken to the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation Student Portal. Click the “Create a Log In” button. (If you already have a TSAC Student Portal account, log in and skip to step 5. Dual Enrollment/TCAT Grant students will already have a username and password.)
2.Create your account by filling out all of the required fields. Then click the “Create My Account” button (see pages 20-21).
3. Once you have created your account, log in to your TSAC Student Portal account.
4.On the TSAC Student Portal homepage, click on the green “Apply for Scholarships” button at the top left of the page.
5. Click on the “Tennessee Promise Scholarship Award” link to begin the application.
6. Follow the prompts to fill out the Tennessee Promise Scholarship application.
7. Click “Submit” when you are finished.
8. When you complete the application, you will get a confirmation screen. Only when you get an email confirmation will your Tennessee Promise application be complete.
You will need the following information:
Social Security Number (SSN):
Full home address:
Home phone number:
Cell phone number:
Date of birth:
High school name:
TSAC Student Portal account username: